Protesters disrupt Senate healthcare hearing
AP/Yahoo News, May 6, 2009
Protesters pushing for a government-run health system were thrown out of a Senate hearing room after disrupting a meeting of a Senate Finance Committee. Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus has said that a so-called single-payer system is not on the table. Many liberals favor that approach but Baucus and others say it's not practical or politically feasible.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'