Protesters disrupt Senate healthcare hearing
AP/Yahoo News, May 6, 2009
Protesters pushing for a government-run health system were thrown out of a Senate hearing room after disrupting a meeting of a Senate Finance Committee. Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus has said that a so-called single-payer system is not on the table. Many liberals favor that approach but Baucus and others say it's not practical or politically feasible.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers