Public debate over public option for healthcare
Even before Congress debates a healthcare bill, President Obama is getting sucked into a fiercely polarized fight over a new government insurance program that patients could choose instead of private coverage. The battle over the "public option" has mobilized interest groups on both sides of the political spectrum with millions of dollars in their campaign war chests.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts