Scrushy: Few took bigger hit in HealthSouth fraud
Birmingham News, May 22, 2009
For the first time, Richard Scrushy was confronted about the fraud at HealthSouth Corp. as a trial witness in open court. Stockholders of HealthSouth are suing Scrushy, saying he spent the company's money as his own and ordered phony earnings from 1996 to 2002. They are seeking $2.6 billion in damages.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer