Scrushy: Few took bigger hit in HealthSouth fraud
Birmingham News, May 22, 2009
For the first time, Richard Scrushy was confronted about the fraud at HealthSouth Corp. as a trial witness in open court. Stockholders of HealthSouth are suing Scrushy, saying he spent the company's money as his own and ordered phony earnings from 1996 to 2002. They are seeking $2.6 billion in damages.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus