Pennsylvania's Blues to undergo unfair-trade inquiry
The Pennsylvania Insurance Department announced that it planned to investigate whether any of the state's four Blue Cross & Blue Shield insurance companies have engaged in "anticompetitive or unfair trade practices" that violate the law. Examinations of Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania, Capital BlueCross, Highmark Inc., and Philadelphia-based Independence Blue Cross are to be finished by early 2010.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'