Health Net to sell Northeast operations to UnitedHealth
Los Angeles Times, July 21, 2009
Health Net Inc. announced plans to sell its Northeast U.S. health insurance operations to UnitedHealth Group Inc. for about $510 million. UnitedHealth, the country's largest commercial health insurer, will pick up Health Net's 578,000 members in Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. This year's operations are expected to generate about $2.7 billion in revenue.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream