Top insurance lobbyist: August key in health drive
AP/Yahoo News, August 11, 2009
August will be a make-or-break month for the drive to revamp the healthcare system, as members of Congress use the recess to either sell the need for an overhaul to voters or continue attacks on the insurance industry, the chief of the insurers' main lobbying arm said. Karen Ignagni, president of America's Health Insurance Plans, said that recent broadsides against the industry by President Barack Obama and other leading Democrats are designed as a distraction as the healthcare debate becomes more contentious.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes