Top insurance lobbyist: August key in health drive
AP/Yahoo News, August 11, 2009
August will be a make-or-break month for the drive to revamp the healthcare system, as members of Congress use the recess to either sell the need for an overhaul to voters or continue attacks on the insurance industry, the chief of the insurers' main lobbying arm said. Karen Ignagni, president of America's Health Insurance Plans, said that recent broadsides against the industry by President Barack Obama and other leading Democrats are designed as a distraction as the healthcare debate becomes more contentious.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US