Health insurers' profits induce ire
President Barack Obama has complained that health insurance companies are making record profits "at a time when everybody else is getting hammered." Health insurers are increasingly vilified in the healthcare debate. But is there any truth among the hyperbole? That depends on how you slice the numbers.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions