How competitive is the health insurance market?
Most people don't have much say over which health insurance plan they get, and the big healthcare bills introduced in Congress this year wouldn't do much to change that. The controversial public option—a new, government backed health plan—would be an option only for a minority of Americans. Most people who get coverage at work would still be covered at work under the health reform bills, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013