How competitive is the health insurance market?
Most people don't have much say over which health insurance plan they get, and the big healthcare bills introduced in Congress this year wouldn't do much to change that. The controversial public option—a new, government backed health plan—would be an option only for a minority of Americans. Most people who get coverage at work would still be covered at work under the health reform bills, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer