Health insurance exchanges: Will they work?
Every proposal now before Congress to overhaul the nation’s healthcare system includes creation of an insurance "exchange" marketplace. In theory, the exchange would fix a fundamental flaw in the present system by giving small businesses and individuals a broad choice of insurance policies at competitive prices. But policy experts say few lawmakers have yet paid enough attention to what that new marketplace should look like, and whether it would actually work as promised, reports the New York Times.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream