Aetna extends Novant coverage for 30 days
Charlotte Observer, June 24, 2010
As Novant Health and Aetna health insurance company continue negotiations for a new contract, Aetna announced Wednesday it will extend existing benefits to Novant patients for 30 days. "I remain hopeful" that a contract will be signed by July 1, when the current contract expires, said Mark Schmidt, Aetna's chief negotiator in the Carolinas. But just in case, he said Aetna opted for a 30-day "continuation of services" that will allow Aetna patients with existing coverage to continue getting in-network prices for Novant services through July 31. Aetna has about 125,000 members in the Charlotte-area market.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal