See you in 6 months. and your insurer is OK with the bill
While you’re putting your clothes back on in the doctor’s exam room, a new conversation could begin. Not between you and the doctor, but between your doctor’s software system and your insurer’s system. It’s not fantasy. Instant processing has been discussed in the health care industry long enough that it has acquired a formal term: “real-time claims adjudication.” But progress toward universal adoption has been slow.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts