CHS Acquires Marion Regional Healthcare System
Community Health Systems, Inc. has acquired Marion Regional Healthcare System in Marion, SC, the Franklin, TN–based private hospital chain announced this week. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
The system includes Marion Regional Hospital, a 124–bed, full–service, acute–care hospital, Mullins Nursing Center, a 92–bed skilled nursing facility, and other ancillary services. Marion Regional Hospital becomes the sixth CHS–affiliated, acute–care hospital in South Carolina. It is located 20 miles east of Carolinas Health System, an affiliated, 420–bed, tertiary hospital in Florence, SC.
“We are pleased to expand our presence in South Carolina and look forward to opportunities for Marion Regional Hospital and our other affiliated hospitals in South Carolina to work collaboratively as they advance healthcare for their respective communities,” says Wayne T. Smith, chairman/president/CEO of CHS.
“We also look forward to working with the hospital’s medical staff and employees as we build upon their commitment to provide quality health services for the residents of Marion County,” he adds.
CHS is the largest publicly–traded hospital company in the United States and operates acute–care hospitals in non–urban and mid–size markets throughout the country. Through its subsidiaries, the CHS owns, leases, or operates 123 hospitals in 29 states with approximately 18,000 licensed beds.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic