Doctor groups compete at MWH
Mary Washington Hospital recently ended its contract with the Fredericks-burg Hospitalist Group and signed instead with another company, HMG, to provide hospitalist services. Yet some doctors with Fredericksburg Hospitalist Group chose to stay and compete with HMG rather than depart the hospital. As a result, Mary Washington is in the unusual position of having competing hospitalist groups in the building, one the "official" group under contract, and the other independent. Both groups have courted community doctors, hoping to care for their patients. And the hospital recently asked doctors to choose one or the other.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations