Tenet sells nine medical offices for $47M
Palm Beach Gardens-based AW Property Co. and a joint-venture partner bought nine medical offices buildings in South Florida from Tenet Healthcare Corp. for $47.1 million.
The purchase of 630,000 square feet, at almost $75 a square foot, was an all-cash deal and leaves no debt on the properties. All of the properties are near hospitals owned by Dallas-based Tenet.
AW Property made the deal through its joint venture with Dallas-based Behringer Harvard. The deal was in the works for three years, according to a press release from the buyers. They promised to spend $6 million on capital improvements in the first year.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines