Humana's 3rd-quarter profit rises 30 pct
Humana Inc.'s third-quarter earnings climbed 30 percent as Medicare Advantage enrollment rose and the insurer joined competitors in reporting a drop in health care use.
The Louisville, Ky., managed care company said Monday it saw unusually low levels of medical care use in its commercial health insurance. That contributed to a benefit of 31 cents per share the company received in the third quarter because claims leftover from previous quarters came in lower than expected.
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers