Humana's 3rd-quarter profit rises 30 pct
Humana Inc.'s third-quarter earnings climbed 30 percent as Medicare Advantage enrollment rose and the insurer joined competitors in reporting a drop in health care use.
The Louisville, Ky., managed care company said Monday it saw unusually low levels of medical care use in its commercial health insurance. That contributed to a benefit of 31 cents per share the company received in the third quarter because claims leftover from previous quarters came in lower than expected.
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013