Humana's 3rd-quarter profit rises 30 pct
Humana Inc.'s third-quarter earnings climbed 30 percent as Medicare Advantage enrollment rose and the insurer joined competitors in reporting a drop in health care use.
The Louisville, Ky., managed care company said Monday it saw unusually low levels of medical care use in its commercial health insurance. That contributed to a benefit of 31 cents per share the company received in the third quarter because claims leftover from previous quarters came in lower than expected.
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers