Humana's 3rd-quarter profit rises 30 pct
Humana Inc.'s third-quarter earnings climbed 30 percent as Medicare Advantage enrollment rose and the insurer joined competitors in reporting a drop in health care use.
The Louisville, Ky., managed care company said Monday it saw unusually low levels of medical care use in its commercial health insurance. That contributed to a benefit of 31 cents per share the company received in the third quarter because claims leftover from previous quarters came in lower than expected.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians