Humana to buy TX-based Concentra for $790 million
Health insurer Humana Inc. wants to buy Addison-based health care provider Concentra Inc.
Humana said Monday it will pay $790 million in cash for Concentra. The deal is expected to close next month.
Concentra is a private health system with 300 stand-alone medical centers. Fourteen medical centers are in North Texas.
These centers will continue to operate under Concentra's name. It will be a separate business with Humana.
Concentra started looking for buyers in July. Four factors convinced Concentra chief executive James Greenwood that it was the right time to sell the 31-year-old company.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers