Humana to buy TX-based Concentra for $790 million
Health insurer Humana Inc. wants to buy Addison-based health care provider Concentra Inc.
Humana said Monday it will pay $790 million in cash for Concentra. The deal is expected to close next month.
Concentra is a private health system with 300 stand-alone medical centers. Fourteen medical centers are in North Texas.
These centers will continue to operate under Concentra's name. It will be a separate business with Humana.
Concentra started looking for buyers in July. Four factors convinced Concentra chief executive James Greenwood that it was the right time to sell the 31-year-old company.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses