Humana to buy TX-based Concentra for $790 million
Health insurer Humana Inc. wants to buy Addison-based health care provider Concentra Inc.
Humana said Monday it will pay $790 million in cash for Concentra. The deal is expected to close next month.
Concentra is a private health system with 300 stand-alone medical centers. Fourteen medical centers are in North Texas.
These centers will continue to operate under Concentra's name. It will be a separate business with Humana.
Concentra started looking for buyers in July. Four factors convinced Concentra chief executive James Greenwood that it was the right time to sell the 31-year-old company.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators