Humana to buy TX-based Concentra for $790 million
Health insurer Humana Inc. wants to buy Addison-based health care provider Concentra Inc.
Humana said Monday it will pay $790 million in cash for Concentra. The deal is expected to close next month.
Concentra is a private health system with 300 stand-alone medical centers. Fourteen medical centers are in North Texas.
These centers will continue to operate under Concentra's name. It will be a separate business with Humana.
Concentra started looking for buyers in July. Four factors convinced Concentra chief executive James Greenwood that it was the right time to sell the 31-year-old company.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers