Humana to buy TX-based Concentra for $790 million
Health insurer Humana Inc. wants to buy Addison-based health care provider Concentra Inc.
Humana said Monday it will pay $790 million in cash for Concentra. The deal is expected to close next month.
Concentra is a private health system with 300 stand-alone medical centers. Fourteen medical centers are in North Texas.
These centers will continue to operate under Concentra's name. It will be a separate business with Humana.
Concentra started looking for buyers in July. Four factors convinced Concentra chief executive James Greenwood that it was the right time to sell the 31-year-old company.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- Physicians Trained in High-Cost Regions Spend More