MA physicians groups talk of partnership
Fallon Clinic in Worcester, MA is in discussions with the state’s largest private medical practice to form an affiliation that the organizations say would improve patient care and control costs. Fallon Clinic's discussions are with Newton-based Atrius Health, an affiliation of Dedham Medical Associates, Granite Medical, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, Southboro Medical Group and South Shore Medical Center. Those groups, in total, have 844 physicians and about 717,000 patients, with Harvard Vanguard the largest. "Fallon Clinic and Atrius Health are in significant discussions about how we can improve patient care together through an affiliation and hope to reach a conclusion shortly," the organizations said in a joint statement. Jack Dutza, MD, president/CEO of Fallon Clinic, declined to comment and referred questions to a spokeswoman hired by the organizations.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs