MA physicians groups talk of partnership
Fallon Clinic in Worcester, MA is in discussions with the state’s largest private medical practice to form an affiliation that the organizations say would improve patient care and control costs. Fallon Clinic's discussions are with Newton-based Atrius Health, an affiliation of Dedham Medical Associates, Granite Medical, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, Southboro Medical Group and South Shore Medical Center. Those groups, in total, have 844 physicians and about 717,000 patients, with Harvard Vanguard the largest. "Fallon Clinic and Atrius Health are in significant discussions about how we can improve patient care together through an affiliation and hope to reach a conclusion shortly," the organizations said in a joint statement. Jack Dutza, MD, president/CEO of Fallon Clinic, declined to comment and referred questions to a spokeswoman hired by the organizations.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013