MA physicians groups talk of partnership
Fallon Clinic in Worcester, MA is in discussions with the state’s largest private medical practice to form an affiliation that the organizations say would improve patient care and control costs. Fallon Clinic's discussions are with Newton-based Atrius Health, an affiliation of Dedham Medical Associates, Granite Medical, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, Southboro Medical Group and South Shore Medical Center. Those groups, in total, have 844 physicians and about 717,000 patients, with Harvard Vanguard the largest. "Fallon Clinic and Atrius Health are in significant discussions about how we can improve patient care together through an affiliation and hope to reach a conclusion shortly," the organizations said in a joint statement. Jack Dutza, MD, president/CEO of Fallon Clinic, declined to comment and referred questions to a spokeswoman hired by the organizations.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives