FL woman begs for kidney donor on Craigslist
Selina Hodge is tired of being on kidney dialysis for nine hours a day and still feeling sick, so she is taking a long shot: She is begging for a kidney donor -- on Craigslist. The practice is legal, has been done for years and succeeds on occasion. The Palm Beach Gardens woman, 28, said she fears that just being on the waiting list at the University of Miami transplant center won't save her. "The doctor told me since I'm young and have been on dialysis for awhile, it's a priority that I get a kidney. Scary thing I found out is that being on dialysis can cause heart problems. Please help me!" Hodge said in her Craigslist note. Hodge is trying to tap the throngs who visit Craigslist to see the 50 million classified ads posted every month, most of which are peddling items and services.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts