MI’s Beaumont, Blue Care Network ready patients for breakup
Blue Care Network, Beaumont (MI) Health System and Beaumont Physician Organization are notifying thousands of members and doctors how Beaumont's plan to stop accepting the health maintenance organization's insurance in January will affect cardholders such as expectant mothers and cancer patients. Doctors are worried about the situation, said Dr. Marc Weisman, medical director of Beaumont Physician Organization, who added that he has fielded dozens of phone calls from doctors. About 60,000 Blue Care Network patients are assigned to a doctor who works primarily with Beaumont. "I can hardly practice medicine," he said Wednesday. "There's a huge amount of consternation. They're concerned about their practice, they're concerned about their patients."
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data