HealthLeaders Media's Top 12 Online Stories of 2011
Updated December 30, 2011. Contributors: Cheryl Clark, Karen Minich-Pourshadi, and Rebecca Hendren.
1.Top 12 Healthcare Buzzwords for 2012
Our third annual list of healthcare buzzwords and catchphrases includes a handful of terms that are really oxymorons. And if you think about it, that's the very theme of health reform today.
2.Top 10 Healthcare Quality Issues for 2011
These are the top quality challenges healthcare providers faced this year. Many, such as imaging exposure effects, central line infections, and medical data breaches dominated headlines in 2010.
3.Eleven Hot Healthcare Buzzwords for 2011
With rapid changes to the healthcare industry come terms and phrases every provider should know. We've rounded up 11 of the most-overheard buzzwords related to health information technology, healthcare marketing, and health system administration.
4.Five Reasons Nurses Want to Leave Your Hospital
Are your nurses engaged, committed employees? Or are they biding their time until they can go somewhere better? Onerous overtime policies are just one issue that has nurses eyeing the exits.
5.Twelve Ways to Reduce Hospital Readmissions
With hospital readmission rates as high one in five nationwide, we asked experts for tips on getting the numbers down. Some strategies aren't yet proven, but many providers are experimenting with anything that sounds plausible.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'