14 NJ physicians charged in bribery scheme
U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman said 14 healthcare practitioners were arrested this week and charged with receiving monthly bribes in connection with referring patients to the radiology and diagnostic facility in Orange. The investigation is ongoing and authorities said they have not established whether the alleged referrals were made for insured patients in need of testing or simply sent to Orange Community just to bring business to the testing center.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream