Top 10 HIT predictions for 2012
In 2012, we will see new and successful accountable care organizations, hospital CIOs tackling increasing security risks brought on by clinicians' use of mobile technology, and a majority of providers using electronic health records. These are a few of IDC Health Insights' top 10 predictions for 2012, based on year-long research and conversations with health industry executives. There are five overarching themes impacting the healthcare industry which will affect the future of health IT, according to IDC: health reform, analytics and big data, cloud computing, mobile devices, and social media.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction