NH: A state at war with its hospitals
Tuesday is not just primary day in New Hampshire, it was also when the State Supreme Court heard arguments in the case of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center vs. Nicholas Toumpas; Toumpas being the commissioner of New Hampshire’s Department of Health and Human Services. New Hampshire Hospital Association (NHHA) represents 26 member hospitals, and 10 of those are currently engaged in the federal lawsuit regarding DSH, as in Disproportionate Share Hospital of reimbursement. Elsewhere, it's come to be known as Mediscam.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives