NH: A state at war with its hospitals
Tuesday is not just primary day in New Hampshire, it was also when the State Supreme Court heard arguments in the case of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center vs. Nicholas Toumpas; Toumpas being the commissioner of New Hampshire’s Department of Health and Human Services. New Hampshire Hospital Association (NHHA) represents 26 member hospitals, and 10 of those are currently engaged in the federal lawsuit regarding DSH, as in Disproportionate Share Hospital of reimbursement. Elsewhere, it's come to be known as Mediscam.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest