CIGNA, NY physician group launch accountable care initiative
CIGNA Corp. is launching a collaborative medical home initiative with the Weill Cornell Physician Organization in New York that will operate much like accountable care organizations outlined in the federal health care reform law. CIGNA's collaboration with Weill Cornell is the first such accountable care initiative in New York involving a health plan and a physician organization. CIGNA introduced a similar initiative last month with Partners in Care, an independent physician organization based in New Brunswick, NJ.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal