CIGNA, NY physician group launch accountable care initiative
CIGNA Corp. is launching a collaborative medical home initiative with the Weill Cornell Physician Organization in New York that will operate much like accountable care organizations outlined in the federal health care reform law. CIGNA's collaboration with Weill Cornell is the first such accountable care initiative in New York involving a health plan and a physician organization. CIGNA introduced a similar initiative last month with Partners in Care, an independent physician organization based in New Brunswick, NJ.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts