New health insurers add Western PA clients with caution
Highmark Inc. is facing its first real competition in the Western Pennsylvania health insurance market. But the extent to which that competition has resulted in lower costs for employers and lots of new business for four national, for-profit insurance companies has been limited so far, said a consultant. "They have their toes in the water, but they're cautious," he said of the approach to the market by Aetna Inc., Cigna Corp., HealthAmerica and United HealthCare.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations