Doctors' money mistakes
There are genuine business challenges, like shrinking reimbursements from both Medicare and private insurers and confusion from the new health reform legislation. But many just make bad financial decisions. "Everyone assumes all doctors are rich," said Dr. Jim Dahle, an emergency physician in Utah. "When you start believing that, too, you start living beyond your means."
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care