HMA responds to fraud allegations
As the company shares continue a price decline, officials with Naples, Flaorida-based Health Management Associates fired back Tuesday (Jan. 17) against allegations of Medicare fraud. On Jan. 9, Stamford, Conn.-based CRT Capital Group issued an investor note about a lawsuit alleging that officials at four HMA hospitals participated in "widespread Medicare fraud."
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream