Accused UT hospitals fire back at state's Medicaid sheriff
Hospitals have fired their first salvo against efforts by Utah's Medicaid program to crack down on fraud, waste and abuse. Three IASIS Healthcare Inc. facilities—Davis Hospital & Medical Center, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center and Jordan Valley Medical Center—are suing Medicaid's new Office of the Inspector General (OIG), saying the agency has no authority to demand repayment of $2.7 million in allegedly overpaid emergency department charges.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness