Opinion: Medicare payment formula must be repealed
Unless Congress acts, access to health care for seniors and military families will be placed in jeopardy. On March 1, physicians who treat patients with Medicare and TRICARE (the health care program for service members, retirees and their families) face an across-the-board cut of 27 percent due to a flawed formula created by Congress, writes AMA president Peter W. Carmel, MD.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts