Opinion: Medicare payment formula must be repealed
Unless Congress acts, access to health care for seniors and military families will be placed in jeopardy. On March 1, physicians who treat patients with Medicare and TRICARE (the health care program for service members, retirees and their families) face an across-the-board cut of 27 percent due to a flawed formula created by Congress, writes AMA president Peter W. Carmel, MD.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs