Enrollment in UPMC plans soars
UPMC Health Plan said Tuesday that enrollment for its Medicare Advantage plans—an increasingly popular insurance alternative for seniors—grew at a double-digit rate over last year. Highmark Inc., the state's largest health insurer, said it had about 273,000 members enrolled in Medicare Advantage and Medicare supplemental plans as of Jan. 1. The Downtown nonprofit Blue Cross company declined to provide a year-over-year comparison.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'