Court rules for Community in suit by Tenet
Community Health Systems Inc, which failed in attempts to acquire rival hospital operator Tenet Healthcare Corp, prevailed in getting a lawsuit brought against it by Tenet thrown out. Judge Barbara Lynn of U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas dismissed the suit with prejudice on Wednesday, citing Tenet's lack of standing to bring the action. In an unusual move against a hostile suitor, Tenet sued Community Health, accusing it of admitting too many patients to its hospitals in order to inflate profits and overcharge Medicare.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers