Don Berwick on the fate of 'Obamacare'
A pediatrician by training and a widely respected expert in healthcare policy, Don Berwick should have been a lock for the CMS job. But he was a backer of Obamacare. A professor of health policy at Harvard and a newly-minted fellow at Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank, Don Berwick is a widely-admired leader in the field of healthcare improvement, having devoted much of his life to figuring out, via rigorous empirical study, how best to improve care and lower costs. Rolling Stone got him on the phone to talk about this week's healthcare hearings at the Supreme Court, the importance of Obamacare, and the future of reform.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability