Don Berwick on the fate of 'Obamacare'
A pediatrician by training and a widely respected expert in healthcare policy, Don Berwick should have been a lock for the CMS job. But he was a backer of Obamacare. A professor of health policy at Harvard and a newly-minted fellow at Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank, Don Berwick is a widely-admired leader in the field of healthcare improvement, having devoted much of his life to figuring out, via rigorous empirical study, how best to improve care and lower costs. Rolling Stone got him on the phone to talk about this week's healthcare hearings at the Supreme Court, the importance of Obamacare, and the future of reform.
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- How Physicians Can Help Ease Mental Health Provider Shortages
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Physicians as Economic Powerhouses and Tech Laggards
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics