OH hospital won't lose Medicare funding
A Chillicothe hospital won't lose Medicare payments over federal concerns about patient security and pharmacy problems. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid today announced that it is withdrawing a designation that could have led to a loss of the federal funds for caring for older patients at the Adena Regional Medical Center beginning on April 27. The hospital improved security staffing and procedures and corrected problems in the pharmacy in response to the centers’ concerns. State health officials conducted another inspection on Tuesday.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus