Q&A: Kaleida Health CEO seeks sustainable healthcare system
As CEO of Kaleida Health and Great Lakes Health, James Kaskie oversees the region's largest and most influential hospital system and healthcare provider. He has overseen Kaleida's integration and collaboration with ECMC, the closing of Millard Fillmore Hospital, the construction and opening of the new Gates Vascular Institute, the opening of a new long-term care facility on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus to consolidate two older ones, and the planned move of Women&Children’s Hospital to the medical campus. And he has worked with the region’s health insurers and other providers on efforts to improve medical care and lower costs in Western New York.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%