Bill that would help curb drug shortages headed for vote
How long does it take for Congress to pass potentially life-saving legislation that has widespread support and no obvious opposition? We're now at 15 months and counting. Language supporting the new law has now passed out of committee in each chamber of Congress. The next step is for full House and Senate votes on the issue. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's office told CBS News this week that the vote in the Senate could come before Memorial Day.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- FTC wary of mergers by hospitals