WellStar limits access to cardiac-cath labs
Last month, WellStar restricted use of its cardiac-catheterization labs to only those cardiologists who are employed by the health system, a move that has caused friction among independent doctors. Patients of non-WellStar cardiologists who need such procedures can either go to another hospital that does allow their doctor, or be referred to a WellStar cardiologist to perform the procedure.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness