WellStar limits access to cardiac-cath labs
Last month, WellStar restricted use of its cardiac-catheterization labs to only those cardiologists who are employed by the health system, a move that has caused friction among independent doctors. Patients of non-WellStar cardiologists who need such procedures can either go to another hospital that does allow their doctor, or be referred to a WellStar cardiologist to perform the procedure.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives