WellStar limits access to cardiac-cath labs
Last month, WellStar restricted use of its cardiac-catheterization labs to only those cardiologists who are employed by the health system, a move that has caused friction among independent doctors. Patients of non-WellStar cardiologists who need such procedures can either go to another hospital that does allow their doctor, or be referred to a WellStar cardiologist to perform the procedure.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments