Dialysis chain DaVita acquires HealthCare Partners
Reflecting the growing consolidation wave sparked by healthcare reform, kidney dialysis giant DaVita Inc. has agreed to acquire Torrance-based HealthCare Partners, the largest operator of medical groups in the U.S., for $4.42 billion in cash and stock. The deal represents the latest sign of insurers, hospitals and other large healthcare companies buying up physician practices in order to better position themselves for changes in how the federal government is reimbursing for medical care.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream