CalPERS $7B potential health insurance bunker buster
In the first part of the Health Insurance's $4.4 Billion Bunker Buster two-part series, I highlighted how the Medical Loss Ratio and Direct Primary Care facets of Obamacare would have far-reaching impacts beyond what most commentators have observed. Now comes the news that CalPERS considers scrapping health plans to lower its medical tab from the latimes.com. As the third largest purchaser of health insurance in the country, they are a bellwether. Even with their buying power, CalPERS is seeing their rates increase nearly three times the rate of medical inflation and are looking for new ideas.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations