KY to implement key part of healthcare law
As right-leaning states such as Texas and Florida redouble their opposition to President Obama's healthcare law in the wake of last month's Supreme Court decision, Kentucky is joining the list of states that will establish its own insurance exchange in 2014, implementing a central pillar of the Affordable Care Act.Gov. Steven L. Beshear, a Democrat, formally told Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on Tuesday that he would sign an executive order to create an exchange "so Kentucky will be prepared to operate it."
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream