US hospitals: What's going on with Medicaid?
U.S. hospitals want to know what's going on with Medicaid. The American Hospital Association has asked Kathleen Sebelius, secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, for clarification on Medicaid expansion. Expansion of state Medicaid programs, which cover low-income and disabled residents, is a provision of health care reform. But the U.S. Supreme Court on June 28 ruled that states aren’t required to change their Medicaid programs. Through a combination of Medicaid and a series of state health exchanges, the Affordable Care Act is designed to provide coverage for an additional 32 million Americans.
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- Q&A: Ardis Dee Hoven 'Optimistic' SGR Will Be Repealed