FL health system, hospitalists sign a patient care deal
Lee Memorial Health System has signed a three-year deal with a newly formed physicians group that will provide doctors who specialize in patient care in hospital settings for its four primary hospitals. Inpatient Specialists of Southwest Florida, a partnership between Nashville-based Cogent HMG and Hospitalist Group of Southwest Florida, will provide these physicians, called hospitalists. In addition to the additional control the health system gets over physicians practicing in its hospitals, Inpatient Specialists has also agreed to share in some of the financial penalties from Medicare if certain federal safety and patient satisfaction measures aren’t met.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care