Michigan HIE to span one-third of state
Michigan state officials announced Tuesday the formation of a new HIE, the Upper Peninsula Health Information Exchange (UPHIE), which will serve some 300,000 residents and span nearly one-third of the state. The Upper Peninsula Health Care Network (UPHCN) sponsors the UPHIE, which officials say aims to improve the quality, delivery and efficiency of health care through the collaborative use of information technology and clinical data exchange. UPHIE will facilitate exchange with some 900 UPHCN medical and ancillary providers, with the initial participants of the health information exchange (HIE) being primarily hospitals and ambulatory care centers, officials say.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'