Parkland hospital adds Rick Perry aide as a new VP
Parkland Memorial Hospital has hired a high-level aide to Gov. Rick Perry as its government relations vice president, three months before the 2013 legislative session begins. Katherine L. Yoder, 36, a Perry health-care policy and budget adviser, replaces the Dallas hospital's longtime top lobbyist, Jennifer Cutrer. Parkland said in a written statement late last week that Cutrer had retired, but it did not elaborate. Yoder's hire comes as Texas, led by its Health and Human Services Commission, overhauls its Medicaid program. The overhaul has caused uneasiness among some hospitals because it will impact how they are paid for treating indigent patients.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital