FL doctors group signs incentive-laden care agreement with Aetna
A group of 12 physicians at Boca Raton Regional Hospital (BRRH) signed a collaborative care agreement with Aetna’s Medicare Advantage that would reward them with financial incentives to improve patient care. Similar collaborative agreements are being established around the country to link medical provider performance to pay. This is one of 62 such deals Aetna has made nationwide. Aetna and the doctors at nonprofit BRRH will share data with the goal of improving patient outcomes and efficiency of treatment. They will use the ActiveHealth CareEngine System to monitor patient information.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013