MGMA: Medicare Part B Tops Payer Rankings
Put another point on the board for HHS.
Medicare Part B remains the highest ranked payer among executives of physician practices, a Medical Group Management Association survey finds.
MGMA released its fifth annual survey of group practice attitudes toward their interactions with the country's seven largest payers: Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, Coventry, Humana, Medicare Part B, and United Healthcare. Allison Brennan, senior advocacy advisor for MGMA's government affairs says Medicare Part B has consistently scored higher than the other six.
"Medicare might not always be the best payer, but their policies are easier to find, easier to understand, and the fee schedule and the regulations are a bit more transparent," says Brennan.
The overall satisfaction ranking this year remains unchanged from last year. The payers that scored highest on overall satisfaction with physician practice executives are:
- Medicare Part B
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing