MGMA: Medicare Part B Tops Payer Rankings
Put another point on the board for HHS.
Medicare Part B remains the highest ranked payer among executives of physician practices, a Medical Group Management Association survey finds.
MGMA released its fifth annual survey of group practice attitudes toward their interactions with the country's seven largest payers: Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, Coventry, Humana, Medicare Part B, and United Healthcare. Allison Brennan, senior advocacy advisor for MGMA's government affairs says Medicare Part B has consistently scored higher than the other six.
"Medicare might not always be the best payer, but their policies are easier to find, easier to understand, and the fee schedule and the regulations are a bit more transparent," says Brennan.
The overall satisfaction ranking this year remains unchanged from last year. The payers that scored highest on overall satisfaction with physician practice executives are:
- Medicare Part B
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Feds Stonewall ICD-10 Summit
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- Governor Details Healthcare Payment Reform Path in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Managed Care Contract Negotiations Morph Under PPACA
- Cyberattack Drill Exposes Healthcare's Vulnerabilities
- Physician Payment Data is Where the Action Is
- NY Abolishes Written Practice Agreement for NPs
- MetroHealth Revs Its Population Health Engine