Opinion: The Democrats' fallback plan for when Obamacare inevitably fails
The voters have ensured that ObamaCare will now move forward. Close to 33% of states have refused to set up health insurance exchanges, and a similar number is contemplating the refusal of Medicaid expansion. If Obamacare fails, it will not open the door for reconsideration of alternative reforms advocated by the Republican opposition. The refusal to advance the ObamaCare implementation at the state level will not generate a sincere discussion of meaningful compromises by this Administration. The reality is that President Obama and the Democrats' fallback plan for ObamaCare's failure is fully nationalized, single payer healthcare.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- FTC wary of mergers by hospitals