Blue Cross, Emory discussing new initiative
Emory Healthcare and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia said Monday they are working together on a major initiative that will improve the quality and efficiency of Georgia's health care system. The announcement was the latest sign that Atlanta's health care marketplace is transforming into one where health care providers work together to try to achieve better results. Emory and Blue Cross refused to describe exactly what the initiative would bring to the Atlanta market, but the companies said an announcement would be coming soon.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending