Comparison shopping coming to Highmark
Highmark officials want to make shopping for health care as comfortable as shopping for a car or house—and they plan to do it by shining a brighter light on cost and quality data for local hospitals and physicians. When the Pittsburgh insurer's program is fully in place this spring, officials say Highmark members will be able to find data online on how physicians and hospitals rate against national quality data, as well as information about a doctor's medical training and board certifications.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay