Comparison shopping coming to Highmark
Highmark officials want to make shopping for health care as comfortable as shopping for a car or house—and they plan to do it by shining a brighter light on cost and quality data for local hospitals and physicians. When the Pittsburgh insurer's program is fully in place this spring, officials say Highmark members will be able to find data online on how physicians and hospitals rate against national quality data, as well as information about a doctor's medical training and board certifications.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers