Children's could take over management of LSU hospital
State officials and leaders of the Louisiana Children's Medical Center hope the private company will take over management of New Orleans' public hospital by June 24, with the deal ready for approval by state boards as soon as next month. At a meeting on Thursday, officials said they wanted the deal cemented before the new fiscal year begins July 1. The quick timetable means that employees of the Interim LSU Public Hospital could be receiving layoff notices over the next two months.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'