Judge gives LI College Hospital another reprieve
A state judge has overturned the decision to close Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn. Justice Johnny Baynes says the Board of Trustees of SUNY -- which acquired the hospital in 2011 as part of the Downstate system -- violated open meeting laws. In his 10-page ruling, Baynes wrote that a crucial committee meeting had taken place behind closed doors to shield the purpose of the meetings from the general public.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'